Phantasmics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I got into roleplay...

+3
Qomorah Maantvrii
Zephir
Y'lynne
7 posters

Go down

How I got into roleplay... Empty How I got into roleplay...

Post by Y'lynne Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:21 am

How long have you been at it?

What was your first roleplay?

What are your favorite things about roleplay?

Biggest rp pet peeve:

What are some other sites you've roleplayed on?
Y'lynne
Y'lynne
Admin

Status
LC: 560
EXP:
How I got into roleplay... Left_bar_bleue0/0How I got into roleplay... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

How I got into roleplay... Empty Re: How I got into roleplay...

Post by Zephir Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:37 am

I've roleplayed on and off for a total of about six years.

My first roleplay was on Neopets. XD It was a roleplay about wolves, I was a special snowflake white wolf. </3

My favorite things have to be building a world and characters with other people. I love interacting with people's characters as well, it is so amazing what people come up with; and I've always been pleasantly surprised at twists and plots that people bring to the table. It builds a very interesting emotional bond for characters, and stories that I haven't been able to create through individual stories I've written.

Biggest rp pet peeve:
I've been out of roleplay so long that I can't really think of any currently. Hmmm.... Possibly not being given anything to respond to. A fluffy post of nothing, or a short one, it doesn't matter. That can be frustrating after a good reply.

Neopets was my base. I started there, even had a guild for roleplaying.
I used to be the owner of a Warrior cats roleplay site, based off the book, but in another universe/area with different clans. It was actually somewhat popular with 6 peeps at one time.
I also was a member of a Wolf roleplay site. I guess I used to love roleplaying animals vs humans. I found humans boring and animals interesting, but now it is vice versa.
Other than that, a bunch of 1v1 (me and another person only) roleplays of medieval fantasy, with a beautiful set of characters. Also a Halo-universe 1v1 that will hold a special place in my heart. There are some Gifted roleplays as well. So I kind of am all over the place. Razz
Zephir
Zephir

Status
LC: 520
EXP:
How I got into roleplay... Left_bar_bleue0/0How I got into roleplay... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Qomorah Maantvrii Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:21 am

I kinda don't have much to say on this post as i haven't role played before so this will be interesting. I'm pretty sure you can tell but I may have the writing skills of a potato , but i will try my best.
Qomorah Maantvrii
Qomorah Maantvrii

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephir Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:30 pm

As I've said to Omniel, you guys are good writers on your own merits. Smile If you commit a roleplay sin, I'll tell you. However, I'm not harsh and will explain it. I'm not worried, though. I have a feeling you'll do great.
Zephir
Zephir

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniel Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:00 pm

This is my first time as well, but I'm really looking forward to it. If ya'll veterans have any advice for the newbies it'd be great lol Smile.
Omniel
Omniel
Admin

Status
LC: 510
EXP:

https://phantasmics.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephir Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:42 pm

Lawls. Well, I can't really think of any advice right now, to be honest. Razz If I do think of anything, I'll be sure to add a new topic of good tips for roleplaying. Or reply to this thread again.

To be honest, it's almost like riding a bike after years of not being on one. The muscle memory is there, and I'm able to do it right away. However, I'm still shakey and relearning the finer tricks and tips.

If you guys have any questions at all, do feel very free to ask. Even if you think it is simple/stupid, there is a high likelihood it was a problem I faced as well. Or maybe someone else did.
Zephir
Zephir

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Savrix Tr'arnh Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:29 am

4 years.

A post-apocalyptic survivor roleplay on Reddit.

Virtually living out lives that aren't yours. It doesn't matter what you want to be, in roleplay you can live that life.

Biggest RP pet peeve:
People who go meta without mentioning so.

Reddit, EVE online and DeviantArt.
Savrix Tr'arnh
Savrix Tr'arnh

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Hoo boy, good question. Ah, fff... Been doing it since pretty little now that I think about it. I've been on games like ImpressiveTitle (shut down in 2010) and FeralHeart (hardly active there anymore) since... I don't know, early 2009 methinks? Uhh, so that'd make it... six years for knowing I'm RPing? I was on a lot of games beforehand RPing, even though I didn't know what RPing was. It was horrible, now that I've actually gone back and read old logs of what I used to write. So much powerplay. So much godmodding. Dear merciful ass, it's horrifying. Can somebody send medical help to my past self?

Oh crap, that's a hard one. Uhm. Ffff... I know it was on a damn old forum, one I can't find for the life on me now that I think about. It was something like 'Wolf Skies' or some shitty title involving wolves. There were so many magical sparkling animals, wow. It was one revolving around a pack of fire-wolves who were battling like, forces of darkness or some common, stereotypical magical wolf plot.

Honestly my favorite thing about it, is getting so into the story and playing as something you're not... you forgot how absolutely shitty real life is. Haha, ha. (( Internal screaming ))

Biggest rp pet peeve:
I really hate two things almost equally, which is goddamn Mary-Sue characters, and powerplaying/godmodding. I admit I did all of the above when I was younger, but holy shit does it make me want to wring people's necks if I see it nowadays. Oh, and when there are time-skips. I don't like time-skips, unless there is literally nothing possible whatsoever for anyone to do. I will drag out an RP even if everyone wants to stab it to death.

That's one hell of a list, but I'll just give out a few I've been decently active on during the past... Spore, ChickenSmoothie, WolfHaven, WolfSoul, FeralHeart, DragonsDen... oh man, and a lot of others with animals like dragons and wolves and cats- mostly warrior cats. My favorite RP session was one on Spore. Man I miss when that game was decentley popular, it's gone to absolute hell. EA pays zero attention to games they've abandonned over the years. I still feel like Spore's idea has a lot of potential.

Ten out of ten, would go off-topic again. But yes, Spore. Spore is great.
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowsWind Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Er, I started in like... 2011? So it's been almost 5 years since I began.

Ooh, I think that was on Colors? Uhh, it was kind of ridiculous, with a lot of people being creepypastas, and I created Mischief for that roleplay, there was EdE, OdO, and some others... good times.
I was terrible at roleplaying at the time.

I love being able to escape, but I would have to say that the development of characters is probably my favorite part. Their backstories unfolding, their responses to the world around them, and the way their choices affect others.

Biggest rp pet peeve:
Hoo boy, I can't even pick just one. Let's see...
- Using words that don't exist
- Double negatives, unless part of character accent
- Obscenely short posts with basically nothing to respond to
(It's like when you type a whole paragraph and someone replies with 'k')
- Godmodding
- Undeveloped characters

I have my own personal site, an AU where Mischief's planet didn't end, along with some other roleplays on FeralHeart. (The days of FH were dark days, indeed)
ShadowsWind
ShadowsWind

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum